The Board of Directors of St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy Trust are looking to appoint a Headteacher to The Trinity Catholic Academy, including Trinity Tots from September 2024.
Academy mission statement:
“Love one another, as I have loved you”
Nestled in the heart of Liverpool, The Trinity is committed to providing a holistic learning experience that not only equips pupils with the knowledge and skills necessary for success, but also instils a strong sense of moral and ethical responsibility. The Trinity Catholic Academy is a community that prepares pupils for a lifetime of meaningful contributions to both society and their faith.
The school community is made up of our wonderful children, their families, our parishes and a dedicated team of staff who are all committed and work very hard to provide the very best opportunities to all pupils, in order that we develop the ‘whole child’.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a strong Catholic primary academy. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic life of the school and improving standards of teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will:
• be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment, who embraces the
development of the Catholic life and mission of the academy as a core leadership responsibility.
• be a confident and visible leader with a clear vision for Catholic Education and ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do
• have a strong understanding of evidence-informed school improvement and a proven track record of successful leadership with the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage improvement strategies in line with the Trust’s improvement strategy
• have an excellent understanding of the Ofsted and Catholic Schools inspection framework, be able to horizon-scan and continually strive for excellence in all aspects to ensure that each pupil fulfils their unique potential
• have the ability to build relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors and others working in St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy Trust and a wide variety of external partners
• work closely with the St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy Trust, Governors and the Senior Leadership Team to develop a compelling faith-centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement
• be able to inspire the whole community, build and maintain successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
• be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
• actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
• place safeguarding at the heart of all decision-making
In return we can offer you:
• enthusiastic and ambitious children who are keen to learn
• a highly supportive, effective and ambitious Local Governing Body
• an academy which is staffed by a dedicated teaching and support team, committed to supporting the academy and its pupils
• excellent professional development opportunities
• support from headteacher colleagues within St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy Trust
• high quality support for school improvement and operations from the St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy Trust central team.
Closing Date: Monday 11th March 2024
Shortlisting: Tuesday 12th March 2024
Interview Date: Monday 18th March 2024
To request an application pack please contact Sue Pybis at email@example.com
For an informal discussion, please contact Amy Fidler (Director of School Improvement) on email at firstname.lastname@example.org
St Joseph Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Where the post is engaged in regulated activity, and/or an opportunity for contact with children the position will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. In addition, as part of the shortlisting process, and in accordance with statutory guidance, we may carry out an online search (for publicly available material) to help identify any incidents or issues that have happened which we may want to explore with shortlisted applicants at interview.